Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5, 2014 Wednesday

 
Bolinas
Patch
9:45 am to 11:00 am
3' to 4', sets to 5'
Low upcoming tide
Onshore (south) wind
Overcast
Fun session

"Well I don't know, the south wind is picking up, it's choppy, the waves are mushy and they're way out there," I said to Jaime the starving artist as he was toweling off after his session.

"Sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of it."

He was right, I was thinking of kissing it off. I had a lot to do, etc. But today was my only chance to surf this week. Tomorrow I have to pick up the water samples for Surfrider's water quality program and drive them to the Branson School and Friday was my day to take care of my daughter's dog. Jaime had fun and had to get out to write up 2-Mile's daily surf report and open up the shop. Here's his report -

PATCH:  Waist high stuff waaaaaay outside past the Rock/Meeting Rock/Bulk Head. Some go left, some go right and some don't go at all. It can be a good exercise session... or not. About four (4) there now with a proverbial Jamboree of logs, Janitor boards and even Bill on his wave ski.

QuikCast from Stormsurf reported:  "fading Dateline swell 6.0 ft at 14 seconds from 280 degrees and south wind at 5 knots."

No body was out at the Channel and six people were out at the Patch when I arrived, including Jaime, Mary, David who used to ride the Becker board, Bill from Berkeley on his wave ski, one stand-up guy and one other surfer. That's Mary at the end of a long ride in the above photo.

"The waves are good," Mary came by after her session with a grin from ear to ear from her fun session. "You will have a good time. I headed for Green/Africa (north of the Patch reef), but stopped, the waves were good at the Patch. I got several lefts. You will have a good time."

That did it; I decided to go. I hadn't surf in a week and needed the exercise. Mary was right. I had a good time, and I too caught several good, long lefts. 

No comments: