Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February 25, 2015 Wednesday


Bolinas
Straight out from the ramp
9:50 am to 10:40 am
2' to 3', no sets
Low dropping tide
Onshore breeze
Air temp: 63 degrees
Water temp: 57 degrees
Sunny with high clouds
Fun session

"So how was the surf?"

"Crappy!" I had just come up the ramp from my session and was greeted by a tall, thin guy on his way to check out the waves. I could tell he was an experienced surfer by his big shoulders and neck muscles. "Hey, I'm being honest."

"I appreciate that."

In forty-five minutes I caught close to ten waves, all of them small walls that just flopped over, nothing to really to boast about.

I was determined to get into the water today. I arrived at 8:30 and the regulars, Mary, DB the Safeway checker and stand-up guys Frank and Russ, were at the peak right out from the base of the ramp. The Patch was tiny and a river of current was flowing out at the Channel. Mary and DB connected on some decent rides. That's Mary on one of them in the photo above.

Only DB was at the peak when I entered the water and within a few minutes, she went in, leaving me out there by myself. The tide was low, allowing me to walk out to the waves and I had no problems catching them. My weakness was popping up and today was a good day to work on that. I managed to jump up on half the waves and took the rest on my knees. By the time my creaky bones allowed me to stand up the ride was over.

I brought Cali, my 70 pound blond lab, with me this morning. The low tide (0.6 ft at 11:00 am) provided perfect conditions for the dog. She loved it. Cali dragged me down the ramp and sprinted down the beach when I let her off the leash. DB was about to enter the water when she saw Cali and I on the beach. She asked if I would hang around while she got her dog, Creola. She charged up the ramp and returned still in her wetsuit with her dog. We were thinking the two would play with each other. Well not exactly. They noticed each other, sniffed and wagged their tails and then charged off doing their own things. I threw a tennis ball for Cali while DB flung a cloth Frisbee to Creola. My dog loves the water so much she refuses to leave. Good thing DB was in her wetsuit. I asked her to retrieve Cali as she defiantly stood in shoulder high water.

After my session I took Cali down to the beach for a second time, this time with my wetsuit on. Again she had a great time plunging into the small waves to retrieve the ball. And again she refused to leave and I had to wade into the water to get her.

As usual it was another beautiful morning in Marin. The dog was wet and exhausted and I had that surfer's calm after vigorous exercise.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for posting and sharing this great article. It is so interesting for me http://awriter.org/essaytigerscom

Unknown said...

6 Things You Should Know Before Playing Pokémon GO

Kevin said...

Great content written by the author.
Much Appriciated post.
I will definitely suggest it to my friends.

Check my work

.cesar ransomware
junk cleaner
mpc cleaner
https://freeadwareremovaltool.wordpress.com/2017/11/08/best-free-antivirus-2017/
http://freeadwareremovaltool.blogspot.in/2017/10/cerber-ransomware-how-to-remove-cerber.html