Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014 Monday


Bolinas
Channel
9:30 am to 10:30 am
1' to 2', sets to 3'
Low tide
Slight offshore breeze
Overcast with patchy sunlight
Exercise session

I almost didn't go out today. Forecast was a 3 ft NW swell at 12 seconds with light NE winds. After two good sessions at Stinson I was hopeful for another good day. At Brighton Ave only two cars were parked by the tennis court - not a good sign. Discouraged, I didn't bother taking my camera to check out the waves. No one was in the water at the Patch or the Channel. I walked down to the Groin for a closer look. In five minutes, I saw four decent left curls break. That was one of them in the above photo, which I took with my iPhone.

Back at the cars, Russ the stand-up guy and his friend Pete were suiting up.

"Russ, you're going out? There's not much there."

"Yes, we drove all this way thus we're going to do it." Russ and Pete live in Vallejo.

"Good I will join you."

There was nothing special about these waves. All of them were small, slow and mushy. But it was good exercise, and a day in the water is always a good day.
  

No comments: